SANTA CRUZ, CA – May 12, 2010 — Fullpower Technologies, the global leader for wearable sensing solutions, announces MotionX-GPS HD exclusively designed and optimized for the iPad, fully leveraging the large high-definition display.
MotionX-GPS HD embeds the functionality of an advanced GPS unit or chart plotter into a intuitive application that is ideal for outdoor activities such as walking, hiking, sailing, off-roading, flying, geocaching or exploring new places. With worldwide coverage, MotionX-GPS HD enables users to show their current position and track at all times on street, topographical/terrain, satellite, hybrid, or nautical maps.
“With MotionX-GPS HD you can travel the world and access on-board maps everywhere you go,” said Philippe Kahn, founder and CEO of Fullpower. “This is a huge advantage because you can download maps of any geographic region for free via WiFi without incurring extra data charges. You’ll have access to maps from Beijing to Honolulu to San Francisco to Paris — literally anywhere you travel around the globe. And with the new address lookup you can also route a path anywhere in the world – point to point as the crow flies. Plus you’ve got ten hours of battery life – much longer than on a phone.”
MotionX-GPS HD makes navigating easy and includes many new user-requested features from MotionX’s customer base of more than 3 million iPhone users. Highlights include:
- Access to ten map types, including experimental NOAA charts for U.S. marine areas.
- Onboard storage of NOAA charts and MotionX terrain and road maps allows for offline access and lightening fast rendering.
- Geocoding capability converts any location to the closest physical address. Like all waypoints, these locations can be stored for future use. The application also displays coordinates in Lat/Lon, UTM, or MGRS coordinate formats.
- Search for landmarks, cities, countries, street addresses, or lat/lon using freeform search.
- MotionX uses the GPS chipset in the 3G iPad, but it also works great in Wifi mode. In addition, the application leverages the iPad’s built-in magnetic compass for true or magnetic bearings.
MotionX: The leader for navigation on the App Store with over 5 million users
MotionX-GPS HD for the iPad is available for $2.99 for a limited time through the Apple App Store. MotionX is committed to constant improvement through listening to our millions of users and continuously adding the most requested features.
Founded in 2003 by Sonia Lee and Philippe Kahn, Fullpower’s mission is to be to motion what Dolby labs is to sound. With over 5 million MotionX users and as the leader in wearable sensing, Fullpower is building on its expertise in wireless sensor technology to deliver unique, interactive motion-sensing applications. MotionX solutions are designed and developed in Santa Cruz, California for the iPhone and the iPad.
MotionX-GPS HD Website: